I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

It Happened To Me...Going To Malaysia & Cambodia 2012

  Our journey started at 7pm at night. The first step to our holiday was a one hour plane ride to Auckland. I was already pumping with excitement about this whole trip. Who wouldn't be excited about going to Malaysia and Cambodia? They are pretty awesome places. The coolest thing is I get to spend my 13th birthday in Kuala Lumpur (the capitol of Malaysia).
  We stayed over night in Auckland at the Formula One Transit Hotel near the international terminal. Our night was spent watching the final of the latest season of Mastercher Australia. After a good nights sleep, we woke up at around 5am to check out and head to the international terminal.
  It was time to say bye to New Zealand for a few weeks after a few hours in the international departures area. It's time to head to the plane to Singapore. The one that will last 10 hours. How fun?
Singapore to Aucklan was alright. I watched the movies Dark Shadows and Snow White And The Huntsman. I also watched the TV shows How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family and Family Guy.  It was so hard to sleep on the plane so I did watch a lot of stuff.
  After a while in Singapore, it was time to start the final leg of our journey; the flight to Kuala Lumpur. I was extremely tired by then but held on for the 45 minute flight. Finally, we were in Kuala Lumpur and getting into a taxi with our large suitcases. In the taxi, I almost fell asleep numerous times but didn't though.
  The next day, we went to my cousins Briana (aged 6 then but now 7) and Paige (aged 5)'s school, ISKL (International School of Kuala Lumpur) which is a school that uses the American schooling system. My Aunty Vicky (my mum's sister) works for the New Zealand High Commisson in Malaysia so with my uncle Damian and my three cousins (Briana, Paige and Oscar, who's almost 1) they live in the captial of Malaysia. ISKL is really different to New Zealand school's since there's grades and the way their school is set up is different.
  While over there, my big sister, Teagan, taught Oscar how to crawl which didn't really make Vicky and Damian that happy since now he'll get into mischief. One of the other things Teagan taught Oscar to do was to put his foot in his mouth. That fascinated him for a while.
 After a week in busy Kuala Lumpur, it was time to go to Siem Reap, Cambodia. The three hour flight was so bad. It got really bumpy so I was sick. It was terrible. I did sleep for about 20 minutes though. At Siem Reap airport, we met our driver, Mr Sari (pronounced Sar-e). He was funny and really nice
 My main love in Siem Reap were tuktuk's. A tuktuk is a motorbike attached to a small trailer for passengers to sit on. The first times were a little scary since the roads are really bumpy but I wish I could of brought one back to New Zealand.
 We went on three tours in Cambodia; the floating village (a village on water), the temples and Day in A Life. Day in a life was probably the best since it showed how the locals really are like. We helped build a roof for a family's home and helped cook their lunch but we didn't eat it (it contained fish paste, red ants and other things that were disgusting. Would you eat that?).
 It was time to head back to Kuala Lumpur. We went on another three hour plane ride (which I wasn't sick on. Yay!) and we were back at Damian and Vicky's apartment complex called Suria Stonor after a taxi ride.
 Days went by and Thursday of the third week came quickly. Thursday was a special day for me since it was the day I turned thirteen. Yes, I am officially a teenager now. That made me feel old. My birthday was spent going to the Hard Rock cafe then going to the Kuala Lumpur Aquarium which is really cool. It was an awesome birthday that finished with my favourite dinner; Nachos!
 The last weekend was Briana's 7th birthday party (she wasn't seven until the weekend after but wanted to have her party while we're there). At the party, there was a bouncy castle I wanted to go but couldn't. The worst thing of all was that it started to rain and when it rains in Malaysia, there's always thunder and lightning. The little park become flooded so we pranced around in the rain. I got picked on by little 5 and 6 year olds. It was really fun though.
 Finally, it was the day we had to go home. It was an early Monday morning and I was really tired. We went to the airport, had breakfast the headed to our plane to Singapore. I was really tired by the time we hit Singapore but I had to stay awake since we were going to be there for hours.
 We headed to Chinatown on the train and had a look around there for a while. It was extremely hot so I was sweating a lot. After a lunch of dumplings, we head back to the airport.
 At the airport we ate donuts and looked at every single shop until we had to head to our plane. Goodbye Asia! I'll miss you!
 Singapore to Auckland was boring. I watched the movies Rock of Ages and the TV show Modern Family. I only got four hours of sleep (getting to sleep at 10pm and waking up at 2am). As the plane landed, all I thought of was "We're almost home".
 I almost fell asleep at Auckland Airport. Who wouldn't if they just got off a plane and only had four hours of sleep? After about three hours in the airport, it was finally time to head home to Wellington.
 It was an awesome trip heading to Malaysia and Cambodia. It was my second time in Malaysia (I went two years ago) but it was my first in Cambodia. I would love to go back to both places but my family over there are coming back to New Zealand in January. I just wished my holiday wouldn't have ended.

The Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.